GHDI logo

"Neue Wache" (the New Guard House) (1946)

Ruins of the "Neue Wache" (New Guard House), Unter den Linden. This memorial, originally dedicated to the dead of the Napoleonic Wars, was commissioned by Prussian King Friedrich Wilhelm III (1770-1840) and built between 1816 and 1818 according to plans by Karl Friedrich Schinkel (1781-1841). Berlin, 1946. Print from original negative.

print version     return to image list previous image      next image

© Bildarchiv Preußischer Kulturbesitz