Max Krehan's Ceramics Workshop at the Weimar Bauhaus (1924)
The Bauhaus ceramics workshop was located about 30 km outside of Weimar in Dornburg on the river Saale. It was led by sculptor Gerhardt Marcks (1889-1981) and pottery master Max Krehan (1875-1925). Despite its short-lived existence (it was closed when the school moved to Dessau in 1925), the Bauhaus ceramics workshop exerted a strong influence on 20th-century ceramics, not least by exploring the possibilities of mass production through partnerships with ceramics and stoneware factories in Thuringia.
© Bauhaus-Archiv Berlin