The German Colonial Society has the following aims:
1. To turn the national effort towards German colonization and to spread awareness of its necessity to ever wider social circles;
2. to promote the practical resolution of colonial questions;
3. to encourage and support German-national colonizing projects;
4. to work towards a suitable solution of questions related to German emigration;
5. to maintain and strengthen the economic and intellectual connection of Germans abroad with the Fatherland;
6. to provide a focal point for all movements acting separately throughout our Fatherland but pursuing these same goals.
Source: “Satzungen der Deutschen Kolonialgesellschaft” [“Bylaws of the German Colonial Society”], in Zentrales Staatsarchiv I [Central State Archive I], Potsdam (now Bundesarchiv Berlin [Federal Archive, Berlin]), Deutsche Kolonialgesellschaft [German Colonial Society], no. 255, Bl. 90.
Original German text reprinted in Edgar Hartwig, “Deutsche Kolonialgesellschaft (DKG) 1887-1936” [“German Colonial Society 1887-1936”] in Lexikon zur Parteiengeschichte 1789-1945. Die bürgerlichen und kleinbürgerlichen Parteien und Verbände in Deutschland [Lexicon of Party History 1789-1945. Middle- and Lower-Class Parties and Associations in Germany], ed. Dieter Fricke et al., 4 vols., vol. 1. Leipzig, 1983-1986, pp. 724-48, here 726.
Translation: Erwin Fink