Boats on the Edge of the Lietzensee (1946)
Boats on the shore of the Lietzensee under the cover of a weeping willow. Destroyed apartment buildings in Berlin’s Witzleben district can be seen in the background. The Lietzensee is the northernmost of the Grunewald Lakes; it was purchased in 1820 by the Prussian Minister of State and War Wilhelm von Witzleben (1881-1944) along with the surrounding park, which encompasses 10 hectares today.
Berlin, 1946. From vintage print, 13 x 18 cm, gelatin silver.