Directing Traffic in Postwar Berlin (1945)
After the chaos of the last days of war, Soviet military authorities brought the first signs of public order to the destroyed city of Berlin. Here, a member of the Red Army directs light traffic on Ebertstraße. The ruins of the Reichstag, with its destroyed dome, can be seen in the left background. Photographer unknown.